Monday 5 August 2013

SO WHAT? WHERE TO NOW?

Today has been an excellent day of evaluation, specifically Inquiry in practice. In the various classes and levels of Riverdale School, I've selected features of the Riverdale Wave, Think It Great, Think Box & Learning pathway that need to be further developed in my practice.

TEACHING AS INQUIRY ACTION- 
Transforming LC12's Inquiry Learning Pathway to resemble the Riverdale Wave & Think it Great process.

TEACHER QUESTIONS OR IDENTIFIED NEEDS- 
How will I adopt and integrate the KWHLAQ, Riverdale Wave, Think it Great & Think Box effectively in my classroom practice.

TEACHER-
Observations & Interviews- 06.08.2013.

TEAM-
I will make appointments with members of the Sky Scrapers to see Inquiry in practice at the senior level.

LEADERSHIP- 
30.07.2013- I met with D.Peck to discuss my Teacher Inquiry. This has led me to develop this Teacher Inquiry blog.

INITIAL TEACHER LEARNING-
Refer to link:

TRIALS WITH STUDENTS-
APPLICATION OF MY NEW LEARNING:

  • A scrapbook of the Term's Inquiry learning must be assembled and made available to students, parents  & colleagues. At the end of Term 3, I will take photos of the learning process, and with the help of students annotate these and paste the learning into a scrapbook for our class library.
  • My students need to become experts in Inquiry, and in being cognisant of WHY / HOW they learn. I will post WALTS and the Learning Pathway stages onto the wall, and ensure that I discuss the process as explicitly as possible with the students individually, in groups or as a class. I will invite WhaeaL et al to visit and interview my Ss about the inquiry process.
  • My students will need to highlight for themselves their progress, in their books. By showing the part of the Inquiry process they are up to as they learn. The students will CODE their learning with numbers/ letters and words that relate to the WAVE et al.
  • The HOOK component of the wave is more than the introduction of K as I have proposed in an earlier post. Instead I will need to provide the Ss with a challenge / problem for them to solve. I will begin Week 3 with the challenge of developing an ACTION PLAN that details strategies for BEING PREPARED for a Natural disaster. I'll play the "incredibles" clip to the class and present this on the wall as the HOOK. After using this I'll then ask the class to support me in planning out the INQUIRY LEARNING pathway.
  • I will present in SECTION 3 of my planning folder the THINK IT GREAT learning pathway similar to the Junior school model. This will be evident in Ss work books in the form of pasted notes from class discussions.

Thanks, 
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.