Sunday 13 March 2016

LEADERSHIP STOCKTAKE- 14.03.2016

WHAT DOES WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT MY LEADERSHIP ACTUALLY SAY ABOUT WHAT I THINK MY LEADERSHIP SAYS?!

I recently asked the team of teachers I lead what they thought about my LEADERSHIP.

The focus areas:
-Further develop my ability to coach other team members
-Focus on providing PD or leadership opportunities within the team / at team meetings
-Improve my organisation skills
-Increase my influence and motivation of team members

PRIORITY- change in leadership:
  • It is clear that my team see my leadership organisational skills as a genuine concern. Therefore, I need to make this a high priority. Identifying what this is will be a first step.
  • The second area that needs highlighting and changing is team development. I will work through a process to further enhance this.



***

These were the questions.

LEADERSHIP STOCKTAKE INSTRUCTIONS
Rate your leadership performance on each of the concepts outlined by putting a cross on the ‘spoke’ between 0 & 10. 0=weak & 10 =strong.
Ask your self-
How well does Drew support/ empower/ challenge/coach others?
How well does Drew provide feedback?
How well does Drew facilitate professional discussions?
How well does Drew encourage & enable collaboration?
How well does Drew develop my people as a team?
How effective is Drew’s organisational skills?
How well does Drew motivate others?
How focussed is Drew on student achievement?




The above pictures do not have the names of the Collaborative teachers I asked to fill in the form. Below is the table of the raw data. I have highlighted the the areas I wish to make a SHIFT IN MY LEADERSHIP PEDAGOGY AND PRACTICE.




***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.